Culinary Director Post
JOB TITLE: Taste Maker – Culinary Director
COMPANY: The Chow Bros.
LOCATION: Chicago - WEst Loop
Monday through Friday 7am to 5pm or 9am to 7pm with some flexibility permitted, but also expected in return -occasional evenings and one weekend day per month depending on peak season, production schedules, and special events.
POSITION / JOB DESCRIPTION
The Chow Brothers is searching for the right manager to join our growing team and lead our catering and production operations. This is a hands-on role for a quick learner and problem-solver who has been honing their culinary skills waiting for the right opportunity. To be successful within this key role, you will need empathy, motivation, and self-awareness, with a “let’s do this” attitude.
If reimagining your career and helping grow a food start-up is something up your alley, we’re looking for you. This unique opportunity will also provide a structure for performance-based bonuses and growth within the organization.
- Help develop corporate catering menu; grow the business and manage client relationships
- Confidently address and resolve catering client concerns -ensuring a memorable experience
- Manage production & logistics (catering, retail, wholesale, special events) while maintaining food quality and adherence to recipes & consistency standards
- Manage vendor relationships and team member schedules, responsibilities, and adherence to company policies
- Manage Inventory (costing/ordering/purchasing/stocking/receiving)
- Collaborate in developing new recipes, products, and processes
- Help create and support a plan for local and sustainable sourcing per our commitment to sustainability
- Manager Food Safety Certification & Food Allergen Certification
- Maintain Food Safety Standards and Health Codes per Chicago Dept. of Health
- Maintain proper operation, cleaning, maintenance, and training for all kitchen equipment
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs and be on your feet for long periods of time while maintaining a professional appearance
- Time and people management with exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
You’re driven. You have a business mindset. You believe back of house operations is where the magic happens.
Be Respectful. Be inclusive. Be Real. Always Elevate. Believe in Unicorns.
- You have a passion, background, or desire for sustainable practices – sustainability is a journey and we work at it every day – we’ll work together to incorporate and increase sustainability initiatives into our operations and sourcing.
- HAACP Experience and Knowledge
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Competitive. First 60-day evaluation period (hourly rate) and then full-time salary
- Bonus plan based on metrics for organization growth
- Health benefits offered after 60 Days
- Complimentary meals from retail locations during shifts and discounts during off-hours
- Opportunity to Contribute & Influence -we offer incentives, contests, and rewards for ideas you contribute which help serve our customers better, create efficiencies in operations, or contribute to a fun and safe work environment
- Advancement opportunities for those who want them and can prove themselves over time
- Company ownership opportunities available for discussion
The Chow Brothers is a food brand that transcends norms, cultural boundaries, and expectations of how people experience food to inspire curiosity and bring people together. Explore our site to learn more about THE COMPANY and HOW WE ROLL.
TELL US HOW YOU ROLL: Please send your resume and answers to the following questions to email@example.com to help us get to know you. Applications with answers get priority and preference in considering candidates.
Cover letter questions:
- How have you managed inventory, ordering, food costing, food waste, and quality?
- How would you describe your style in working with and managing others?
- What is the one event in your culinary background which taught you the biggest lesson?
- What are you looking for in your culinary career?