Prep Cook Post
JOB TITLE: Flavor Boss – Prep Cook & Kitchen Support Staff
COMPANY: The Chow Bros.
LOCATION: Chicago Loop/River North
Hiring in May to train with start in June. Hourly pay above minimum wage. Various Shifts, M-F between 7am and 9pm.
POSITION / JOB DESCRIPTION
The Chow Brothers is searching for the right people to join our growing team. If you have a “let’s do this” attitude and seeking a consistent job that values and rewards dedicated & passionate team members, this is the opportunity for you.
Hot and cold foods prep and cooking for lunch and dinner crowd during non-peak hours, both at the front kiosk in the food hall and in the shared commissary kitchen -“to order” cooking during peak customer hours only when needed
Monitor and replenish food line levels when needed
Properly operate and clean equipment, cookware, and utensils throughout shift according to sanitation guidelines
Perform general open and closing activities including clean up (depending on shift)
Update inventory logs, submit food supplier orders, assist in following, enforcing and keeping records (including inspections) of food safety and business licensing codes.
Provide meal order assembly, plating & quality control during peak hours and when prep and cooking is not necessary
Maintain proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards – must acquire Food Handler’s Certificate prior to start
Ability to lift up to 30lbs and be on your feet for long periods of time while maintaining a professional appearance
You have a positive and approachable attitude. You’re want to learn new things and are not afraid to ask questions. You have a great work-ethic and respect others.
Be Respectful. Be inclusive. Be Real. Always Elevate. Believe in Unicorns.
- Fast-paced food service experience desired, but we love quick-learners/problem-solvers with a lot of empathy and self-awareness
- Knowledge, background, and familiarity with Polish/Central-European cuisine/culture would be great
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Hourly rate competitive and consideration given for experience
- Complimentary meals during shifts and discounts during off-hours
- Opportunity to Contribute & Influence -we offer incentives, contests, and rewards for ideas you contribute which help serve our customers better, create efficiencies in operations, or contribute to a fun and safe work environment
- Advancement opportunities for those who want them and can prove themselves over time
The Chow Brothers is a food brand that transcends norms, cultural boundaries, and expectations of how people experience food to inspire curiosity and bring people together. Explore our site to learn more about THE COMPANY and HOW WE ROLL.
TELL US HOW YOU ROLL: Please send your resume and answers to the following questions to email@example.com to help us get to know you. Applications with answers get priority and preference in considering candidates.
Cover letter questions:
How would you describe your style in working with others?
What is the one event in at any job you have had which taught you the biggest lesson?
Do you have a favorite food? (it’s cool if it’s not ours)